• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket during street cleaning but no sign was posted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marebearucla

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I was parked on the street in Los Angeles in a handicap spot (with my placard displayed) on a thursday. I returned to my car to find a parking ticket because I had been parked there during street cleaning hours. I checked around the street and there were no street cleaning signs around where I was parked. I was the first spot at the beginning of the block and the only sign was at the other end of the very long block. There were signs posted on the next block, but that shouldn't make a difference. My question is does anyone know how close the "no parking" sign has to be in order for them to be able to give you a ticket. Can they just put it anywhere on that block and then we are expected to notice it? Or do signs have to be posted every 200 ft or something like that? I plan to contest the ticket, I'd just like to know if I have any chance of not having to pay it.

You Are Guilty

marebearucla said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I was parked on the street in Los Angeles in a handicap spot (with my placard displayed) on a thursday. I returned to my car to find a parking ticket because I had been parked there during street cleaning hours. I checked around the street and there were no street cleaning signs around where I was parked. I was the first spot at the beginning of the block and the only sign was at the other end of the very long block. There were signs posted on the next block, but that shouldn't make a difference. My question is does anyone know how close the "no parking" sign has to be in order for them to be able to give you a ticket. Can they just put it anywhere on that block and then we are expected to notice it? Or do signs have to be posted every 200 ft or something like that? I plan to contest the ticket, I'd just like to know if I have any chance of not having to pay it.
One per block. The only defense is to show the sign wasn't there (knocked down, stolen, etc). You can, of course, go there and explain the situation, cross your fingers and hope they reduce the fine somewhat, but they certainly don't have to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">