• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless driving (speeding) deferred, got a ticket since, need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Big_Z

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I got a ticket last May for reckless driving, 89 in a 55 I beleive. I got deferred judgement (I beleive that is what it is called, I had to not get any violations for one year and pay the fee for the "program"). Well, in December I got another speeding ticket for a 45 in a 30, so that would be less than one year, and I have ten points on my record. Can anyone suggest what I should do? And what is the penalty for that reckless driving ticket, should I get prosecuted for it now? Thank you for the help.

S

seniorjudge

I suspect you're sunk like a skunk.

HOWEVER, was the latest ticket a municipal (as opposed to a state) ticket?

Maybe you can talk a softhearted or softheaded municipal prosecutor into waiting until after May 2005 to file the ticket.

When you are on probation for a crime and you commit the crime again, judges and prosecutors usually lose interest in helping you.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">