• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting out of a ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raebrandy

no plate number on ticket/in space is make&model

:confused: What is the name of your state?new york
question if a traffic ticket is not properly filled out is it possible to get out of it?I got a ticket for unlisened oper a tion of a moter vehicle due to the fact my lisense is suspended,now on the ticket in the spot for the plate number of the vehical he has in there the make and year of the vehical .no were on the slip is the plate number ,is it possible to get out of this ticket due to the officers error?please tell me if this is a lagit reason to ask for dissmissle of the ticket?no plate number on the ticket anywere?

Last edited:

You were driving under a suspended license. Take responsibility for your actions. Don't try to hide behind a clerical error.

Okay, that was my moral advice. About your question: If you're not sure about the ticket, go to court and ask the judge.

racer72

The missing information does not hinder you in providing a valid defense for the citation. The ticket will not be dismissed because of it. The fact you were behind the wheel of a motor vehicle is enough to make the ticket valid.

AHA

I'm not even going to bother writing down what I think about this, because my words would probably make your eyes bleed from reading them!!!!!

qcxlvr1

raebrandy said:
:confused: What is the name of your state?new york
question if a traffic ticket is not properly filled out is it possible to get out of it?I got a ticket for unlisened oper a tion of a moter vehicle due to the fact my lisense is suspended,now on the ticket in the spot for the plate number of the vehical he has in there the make and year of the vehical .no were on the slip is the plate number ,is it possible to get out of this ticket due to the officers error?please tell me if this is a lagit reason to ask for dissmissle of the ticket?no plate number on the ticket anywere?
Did the officer officer only issued you a summons for unlicensed op (VTL 509-1)? If so, consider yourself lucky. In New York, operating while suspended is considered agg. unlicensed operation which is a misdemeanor and will land you in criminal court.

In any event, the error you specify isn't enough to render the summons defective.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">