• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI and Disability for Kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tkmarshel

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

I have two children (8-9 years old) They both are severly disabled, can talk, walk, feed themselves, ect...Are they eligible for any type of SSI or Disability income. Does my income dictate if they are eligible for SSI/Disability??

tkmarshel

Exact Dx

These two kids were exposed in utero to toxic substances, ie, maganeze, zinc, and arsenic from a pesticide plant. The kids have multiple disorders, primarily seizure disorders, blind, hypoplastic corpus colosum. There brains are deformed.

rmet4nzkx

So have you contacted the department of developmental disabilities? Have you sued the parties who caused the exposure? Have you applied for social security disability and or ssi?

tkmarshel

Heres the Catch....

We settled with The Petrochemical Company...for a Medicaid Trust...we had to move to Florida for work...we were put on a 5 year waiting list in Florida. We had paid cash to the government for the Medicaid Trust, yet we dont get any benefits from the government... We have applied for benefits....and yet to receive them...what a game these people play with kids....hopeless

rmet4nzkx

Call your local center for independent living and they can give you referals, also contact your local congressmember, senator etc, Call the ADA hotline.

tkmarshel

Good Advice:

Good Call...I wrote two letters to my congressman in Florida...They never called back, I called them, resent the letters...still know call back....

rmet4nzkx

Call and speak to a staff member, they have people who do that all day long, but it has to be in written form also. Also try tv stations.

tkmarshel

Funny you say that..

All I have talked to is the Congressmans staff....Fact is...I settled with two medicaid trust...each one over 1 million dollars..if I dont get any benefit...I want my money back to help my kids...they didnt deserve this...these people took our money and thats the last time we here from them....show me the money....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">