• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chiarism

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My 13 year old daughter spent the weekend with a friend of hers. The mothers boyfriend gave her a 20oz drink with vodka in it which got her drunk. Later that night a 19 year old guy in the military she thought was the brother had sex with her. I took her to the hospital as soon as she told me and a police report was made.The other mother won`t give the detective the guys name all we know is what military base he`s stationed at and he is being shipped out to Iraq on the 22nd of this month. What can I do to try and find him and if we find him what rights do we have as far as filing a lawsuit against him and what about the mother and her boyfriend can I file charges against them? I would be very greatful for any information you could give me. Thanks

rmet4nzkx

Call the base commander ASAP let them know the informaiton you have, give them the police report number, keep us updated. The mother can be charged with aiding and abetting and obstruction of justice. Call the police and ask them to also make contacts, there should be time to track this down before deployment. DId they do a rape kit?

chiarism

yes they did a rape kit. I have put in 4 calls to the detective in the last 2 days trying to get some info on whats going on and he has not returned my calls. I talked with my daughters counsler at the childrens advocasey center and heard from her there still trying to locate him. The mother of this other child refuses to give out any information. So I assume until the detectives get a last name were at a standstill. I dont know what else to do.

lvn4ever

statutory rape

FL
I agree. the squeaky wheel WILL get the oil . 20 year military dependent (army) keep calling and calling..MP, CID (criminal investigation division)
POA (public affairs officer) , chaplains, EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING and the chain of command...since you don't know much about the guy, you may have to start at the top...the commanding general's office. DO NOT TAKE "CAN"T HELP YOU" as an answer. What base? I have lots of phone numbers for Benning if that is it. REspond at [email protected]

chiarism

He is a long time friend of the family whose daughter my child stayed with and they refused to give the detective any information. He doesn`t know anyone else in the area.

angelave

Get a lawyer and sue the mother of the child. This will make her sit up and take notice. It happened in her home when your child was under her care and I believe she can be charged as an accessory.

lvn4ever

statutory rape

FL

another charge possibley is aiding in the delinquency of a minor. Its not your job to tighten up this woman who obviously has some strange messed up view of adults' responsibilities towards children, it is the job of the police . KEEP CALLING GETTING MORE PEOPLE INVOLVED AND CONCERNED ABOUT A SERIOUS SITUATION> the squeaky wheel gets the oil!!!!

badapple40

She (the mother), can, and should be charged with obstruction of justice or as an accessory after the fact. Suggest to the detective to so charge her. I would think that would get her attention, and garner her cooperation.

chiarism

Update

:) This is an update to my previous post!!!!!

Thank You everyone for all your information!!!

We finally got the guy. Not through the cops though the social worker found out what barracks he was in and they searched everyone with the first name we had and there was only one person by that name. When they took him in he confessed to everything. They set bond and he did bond out but the MP`s picked him up and he is now restricted to the base untill he goes to court. Thanks again everyone I`ll keep you updated when I know more.

[email protected]

rmet4nzkx

Thanks for the update. Are they going to charge the woman who refused to provide his name? When is the trial? Is it going to be civil or military? Guess he wishes he went to Iraq.

lvn4ever

statutory rape

Fl
so glad to hear that you kept fighting for what was right. I hope justice is served!!!! Pls. post again with update! Its encouraging to know that sometimes justice reigns.

Davidzill

Call CNN, FOX, NBC; if this gets on the news the guy who raped your daughter will get maxxed out in his sentence to make an example out of him.

Lewcifer

chiarism said:
My 13 year old daughter spent the weekend with a friend of hers. The mothers boyfriend gave her a 20oz drink with vodka in it which got her drunk. Later that night a 19 year old guy in the military she thought was the brother had sex with her. I took her to the hospital as soon as she told me and a police report was made.The other mother won`t give the detective the guys name all we know is what military base he`s stationed at and he is being shipped out to Iraq on the 22nd of this month. What can I do to try and find him and if we find him what rights do we have as far as filing a lawsuit against him and what about the mother and her boyfriend can I file charges against them? I would be very greatful for any information you could give me. Thanks
-- update: they caught the guy, and he's now been arrested.

Congratulations! I'm happy to hear that you pursued the matter and didn't let him get away with that. As to the mother who would not cooperate... I suggest you make up posters alerting the community that a 13 year old was raped in her home (give her full name and address) by a guest of hers, and that she refused to give the police the person's name. Title it "Warning To Parents With Kids" and state that you're doing this to prevent it from happening to someone else's child. Don't go into details... just state the obvious. Put up the posters on phone/light poles on her block, as well as leaving them on the front doors of all her close-by neighbors. Society will deal with her, after that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">