• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyer didn't go to appeals hearing in my behalf

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ibrobin

What is the name of your state? WV
In August 2002, My ex-husband appealed a decision set forth in our final decree. My lawyer did not file a response to the Petition for Appeal. I was never informed of the appeal by my attorney. My ex-husband won this argument and I in turn lost $3,000.00, which is the value of a piece of farm equipment he and I owned together. He lied in court saying that he had sold this tractor to his step-mother, and during the original hearing before a family law master, this was determined to be a false statement. What are my rights concerning suing my lawyer for legal malpractice? Can I get what i lost because of his failure to respond from him?....And what about the legal fees I paid to him during the divorce?

S

seniorjudge

Call these folks and tell them what you have posted here (and then post back with results):

WEST VIRGINIA
Bar Counsel
West Virginia State Bar
210 Dickinson St.
Charleston, WV 25311
304-558-2456

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">