• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gaming Server host ripped us off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shawnhaunted

What is the name of your state? PA

Well I dont know if this is the right topic to post this but it has to do with online sales so here goes.
I'm part of a online gaming team also called a Clan. we play games online in ladders most if not all clans rent or buy gaming servers. the game we had been playing was unrealtournment 99 a old game and as with most games fans make mods and mutators to keep the games alive longer my clan used a mutator called UTpure Zeroping it is a anti cheat / hit scan program alot of players use it. the gaming host we had for almost 2 years one day posts on there forum that Zeroping is not allowed. I questioned it on there forum and was banned I emailed the owner telling him they need to refund our money because with out zeroping on our server we could no longer use the servers for our game type. NO Refunds Grow up were some of the replys i got from the few emails i sent. we had a total of 6 months left on 2 servers about $160.00 or so i filed with the BBB this hosts record there is very bad too bad i didnt see it sooner.
the owner said zeroping was abuse of the servers and that zeroping used two times the cpg useage of a normal server hs claim is false to make this long story shorter I started posting about what happend to us by this host on other clan/gaming forums, we really do feel ripped off he could have let us run out our paid service he could have refunded our money.
it didnt take long to find many others who have been ripped off as well a forum was started for people who have been ripped off by this host.
http://www.rippoffray.com/forums

now the owner sent me a email that he filed suit against me for slander.
i thought slander is making false statements everything i have posted is true. i'm not real worried about a suit i'm in PA they are in IL i will not go to IL but i am going to mail all the info i have about this host to Consumer Complaints at the Illinois Attorney General office would that be the best thing to do ? it's not about the $ anymore its about how this gaming host treats its customers and has a very misleading terms of service what you agree to and what the rules really are are not the same.

Thanks for any advice on this, Shawn {RzS}Haunted

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">