• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired tag ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lucy44

What is the name of your state? MN

An acqaintance got an expired registration ticket a while back. Her registration had lapsed, she was NOT driving at the time, and her car was parked on private property. This happened in Rochester, MN. Does the authority of the police to ticket for such an infraction, extend to private property?

S

seniorjudge

Lucy44 said:
What is the name of your state? MN

An acqaintance got an expired registration ticket a while back. Her registration had lapsed, she was NOT driving at the time, and her car was parked on private property. This happened in Rochester, MN. Does the authority of the police to ticket for such an infraction, extend to private property?
If the vehicle was in plain view (i.e., not in a house or closed garage), then it is probably okay for the cops to give this ticket.

Lucy44

expired tag ticket

Yes, it was in plain view, and on a lot used by the public. I guess that means she's SOL? :(

S

seniorjudge

Lucy44 said:
Yes, it was in plain view, and on a lot used by the public. I guess that means she's SOL? :(
SOL here does NOT stand for statute of limitations! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">