• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passing School Bus in Tennessee (citation weirdness)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZodiacMan

Received a citation for passing a school bus and no proof of ins in Tennessee. I'm not going to get into the argument right now as to whether or not I did (because I don't think I did, and I do have an active policy just not the exact paperwork he wanted at that time) but the situation is with the actual citation. On the back, where it says whether you have to go to court or if you can pay by mail, the "you may pay by mail" box is marked. However, on the sticker they put there that is supposed to indicate the amount that you owe, that field is left blank. Does this mean I can send the General Sessions Court a check for exactly $0.00? I wasn't caught with any electronic equipment, could this reflect on the attentiveness of the officer? What would my best course of action be? I'm really considering hiring a lawyer but I wanted to check here first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">