• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arizona puts hold on Illinois license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ase tech

What is the name of your state? I am an Illinois resident. I moved to Phoenix Arizona for a year in 1997 for school. I was young and I got involved with drugs and got into some trouble.I am clean now and doing very well I am a recent Automotive Technology grad as well as a certified Automotive Technician.The only problem is I can't gain employment without a valid drivers license. My license expired and I went to renew it and was told I can't renew my license because I have a hold from Arizona.So they gave me a number to call in AZ. for info.When I called I was told I owe $2500.00 for some minor tickets Improper stop at a stop sign,broken windshield,no seatbelt, and no registration.I was also told that I have three warrants for misdemenor retail theft.My question is can my license be held for criminal law violations such as retail theft? Or is it just the $2500.00 thats owed for traffic violations thats holding my drivers license?

racer72

Yep, your driving priveliges can be revoked due to civil penalties unrelated to driving. Better to find out this way than to be arrested on the warrants and hauled off to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">