• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Difference Between the 2....?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

youdontknowme

What is the name of your state?OH

I posted this in another forum, so if it doesn't belong here EITHER, please accept my apologies. I am trying to find out the difference, if any, between "objecting" and asking for a continuance.

If one recieves an order to appear and the date to appear must be a specific amount of time from being served the notice, per the state Revised Code, but IS NOT (per state 30 days minimum but not given 30 days), I understand you can object to it.

How do you "object" to it? Or is it better to ask for a continuance...or are they the same thing? This is an county agency error.

Honestly, I am not able to appear at a scheduled time, but if something needs to be tossed on a technicality (because it is a county error & according to the language, things have to be addressed within a specific time frame), would it make a difference if it was objected to or asked for a continuance?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">