• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding and Obstruction of Drivers View in Mohave, AZ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jiungyee

What is the name of your state? AZ

I am an UT resident.
While on my way back from Phoenix for a conference, I was pulled over by an officer.

The police ask me when I rolled down the window "Why are you going to fast?'
I answered, "I was not. "
He said " You were going 86."
I told him " I was using my cruise control and I am sure I set it at 84."
He then look at my Volentine one rador detector then ask "If you are not speeding, why do you have your rador detector on."
I answered " So, I can know if I am being detected."

He then asked for my documents then write me a ticket for speeding at 86 at posted 75 and R&P 70 with the speed measurement devide checked at "other"
He also cited me for Obstruction of Drivers view and tell me that I should take off my Rador detector before I keep going.

The dectors was mounted right below my rear view mirror horizontally to earth. So, only the face cen be seen from my view. And I can't be going 86 MPH. My cruise control was set at around 84 and I did have my GPS on and I checked to make sure that I wasn't exceeding 84.

Now my question:
1) What give the police right to abuse law like that?

2) Do I have to go down to kingman, AZ in person for my appealing? I called the court and the lady says I have to go down there to appear in the court for appealing. Can I find an attorney to deal with that for me?

3) Can anyone help me on the rule of "Obstruction of Drivers view" or the defination in AZ law? i.e. size of obstruction, percentagte of the view ovstructed.

Thank you for any advice that you can help me with. Thank you!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">