• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enlisting in Army

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yeah i think they will show up- the military background check is a federal check, and they can get inside sealed records, and juvinile records as to where state checks cant

badapple40

I would think it would depend. If it is just a secret clearance, it may not show up -- a lot of those records are kept by local police and destroyed when you turn 18. True story: I went to apply for something or other, and had a juvenile conviction for criminal mischief, called the local police department, said I was looking to go into the military, and the police chief was like "who are you again?" I told him my name, asked if I had a record, and he said "not as of about 30 seconds ago." Just a thought (I still reported it though). Of course, if you plan on working in cryptography, well, you're screwed. Top secret I recall having to get polygraphed -- and everything comes out in those.

Jetter2

Well I turn 18 on June 2. So If I can't get in now, and get on DEP, then I can wait till I turn 18, get my records destryoed(or cleared like you said they do when you turn 18) and do it that way. One way or another, I'm gonna fly helicopters!!

sealed records doesnt mean that they are really sealed, the federal goverment can look into sealed records. then i enlisted into active duty, there search turned up everything i got in trouble for when i was a juvinile, stuff that i was charged with but was dropped was even in there, the military doesnt care if the charges were dropped, its like you actually did the crime. i took an informal adjustment agreement, where i would do community service and be on probation, and have the charges dropped, all that stuff was on the search, and all i had was secret clearence, if even that, i have some orders that say that i have a secret clearence, but i dont know if i actually have one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">