• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

street sweeping ticket/NO SIGN!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

esmetutu

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

My car died in Chatsworth, CA (Los Angeles County). I left it in a residential neighborhood near the auto shop that diagnosed the problem as "not worth fixing". It's been there about 10 days while I waited for Cars for Causes to contact me with towing information as I am donating the car to charity. I had a friend drive by tonight to make sure the car is still there, and it is, BUT it had a $45 ticket for obstructing the street sweeper. The problem is that there were no signs posted on the street about the street sweeping, not one 'no parking' at specfied times/days, etc. Nothing. Since I'm getting rid of the car should I just pretend that the ticket, which was already almost illegible from all the rain we've gotten, just washed away in the storms, or should I pay? If it makes any difference I live in Ventura, CA (Ventura County). It's stressful enough dealing with this car problem (and not having one), on top of a ticket. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

S

seniorjudge

There is undoubtedly a street sweeping ordinance.

You violated it.

If you ignore this ticket, you may not be able to buy tags or get a driver's license renewed until you get this cleared up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">