• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online price raising

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maxthedog

What is the name of your state?Missouri
Bought an item online with a credit card at a great price. A few days later I get an email from the vendor stating that the price has now gone up and they want to charge me the difference. My credit card has already been charged the original price and I have a receipt showing this initial agreement. If I want the item, do I need to pay the difference or has a written agreement been made?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Maxthedog said:
What is the name of your state?Missouri
Bought an item online with a credit card at a great price. A few days later I get an email from the vendor stating that the price has now gone up and they want to charge me the difference. My credit card has already been charged the original price and I have a receipt showing this initial agreement. If I want the item, do I need to pay the difference or has a written agreement been made?

My response:

Where are "they" located?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Maxthedog said:
The contact address is in Delaware

My response:

Wonderful. Now, tell me . . . How do you plan on exercising your legal rights to the contract price, ACROSS STATE LINES, if "they" simply say, "No"?

This is the problem with computer buyers. They never think about "jurisdictional" problems, and the costs of exercising their rights. Looks like you're going to have to play their game if you want your item.

So, as it turns out, the item wasn't such a great "bargain", was it.

Next time, buy locally.

IAAL

Maxthedog

Good call. I didn't think of that. You are right, not such a good price now. I can actually get it cheaper elsewhere with their price change although I am still going to question them on it and see what they say. I may just back out altogether. Thanks for the responses. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">