• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speed camera ticket in VA for out-of-state license palte

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SpeedTicket

What is the name of your state? VA

Hi All,

I think i might have got a speed camera ticket in VA. Few days back when I was driving the TX plate car, I ran thr'o yellow light.I did not break the red light. However I noticed there were two flash lights. Intersection
(T -Intersection) was not long and takes only 2 sec for car running at 35-40 MPH to cross it. I did not break the red light. It may have trun red when I was at intersection and No it was not possible to stop the car suddenly.
I do not think I have broken any law, however I do know that camera flased twice.
There was another car that was behind on my right side lane. I dont know if camera took picture of that car or not. The girsl stopped and told me that we both got the tkt ! However I read up on camera function and it seems
it takes two pictures from rear for each car violating the rules.

My questions are ....

1. Will I get the ticket on my TX license plate ?
2. Will the points deducted from my driving license?
3. Is there anyway I can find out the ticket before it arrives in mail at all.
4. I need to register my TX plate to VA ? Is it advisable to do so now ?
5. What is the law in VA for Yellow light. Most states will allow you to pass thr'o if yo are at the intersection and signal truns red ? Is it the same case here or I am at fault.
6. Can camera take picture of my car and let go other car which was behind me(right side lane) ? I was ahead of her and I certainly entered the intersection when it was yellow.
7. How much will be the fine ?

Thanks for your reply.

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)There was another car that was behind on my right side lane. I dont know if camera took picture of that car or not.(QUOTE)

Possibly, and just so you know, it is a "Frontal" shot, faces at times. Who can say if you got a ticket, just watch for it in the mail.

SpeedTicket

--PARIDISE-- said:
(QUOTE)There was another car that was behind on my right side lane. I dont know if camera took picture of that car or not.(QUOTE)

Possibly, and just so you know, it is a "Frontal" shot, faces at times. Who can say if you got a ticket, just watch for it in the mail.

I verified, Camera was behind me on right hand side. There is only one camera at that intersection.I hear the nightmares ppl are facing here in VA for breaking red light, makes me worry for my damage.
I will wait for the tkt if at all i am fault. I did enter the intersection in yellow light. Intersection (T-Intersection) is only 12 feet long so car can pass in 1-2 seconds.
Could it be for incoming traffic in opposite direction?

Facekhan

I am pretty sure that points don't transfer between states especially between states far away from one another. Also I am pretty sure there are no points for camera tickets. I live in the dc area and we have a lot of cameras and I know Maryland does not issue points for camera tickets so VA and DC probably don't either.

The fine is probably not going to be too bad. Under $150, maybe under $100. If you are planning on going back to VA someday you should probably just pay it.

SpeedTicket

Facekhan said:
I am pretty sure that points don't transfer between states especially between states far away from one another. Also I am pretty sure there are no points for camera tickets. I live in the dc area and we have a lot of cameras and I know Maryland does not issue points for camera tickets so VA and DC probably don't either.

The fine is probably not going to be too bad. Under $150, maybe under $100. If you are planning on going back to VA someday you should probably just pay it.
Prob is I have moved here recently :(

sungod916

Just like Paradise said you'll have to wait till you get something in the mail.
The pictures are reviewed by an officer and based on how good the photo of you & the license he will send a ticket.

Next time you try to run a yellow, put your sunshade down in front of your face and chances are the camera won't get a full shot of your face. Of course make sure the intersection is clear of obstructions.

SpeedTicket

Thanks for the reply!

Actually, the camera was behind me. There is only one camera at that junction and it can not take the driver picture.
I wonder if it is placed to take the picture for the traffic in opposite direction ? I have checked the orientation and angle of the camera, I am not clear but I think it is not for the opposite traffic!
As you said I will wait

sean13

VA and DC both have a tendency to just send you a "fine", no points are assessed. This goes for speeding tickets in DC and red light running in VA.

VA speed camares might be different but I can attest to the first two. A lot of VA and DC camaras are looking at your plate, not you. Thus the visor trick won't work. You gotta get into the whole, reflective tape on the license tricks to defeat that system.

It should take like less than a month. Otherwise they "might" find you. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Sean

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">