• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cell phone ebay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

furboy

i found a cell phone the other day near my house, and i decided to sell it on ebay, i got a 100$ for it but as soon as he recived it he wrote to me saying it was stolen and will contact the cops and ebay, the buyer lives in another province, can he really do anything, or should i give him a refund

HomeGuru

furboy said:
i found a cell phone the other day near my house, and i decided to sell it on ebay, i got a 100$ for it but as soon as he recived it he wrote to me saying it was stolen and will contact the cops and ebay, the buyer lives in another province, can he really do anything, or should i give him a refund

**A: hahaha, this is a riot.

tijerin

Did someone text message you asking you to give it back? :D (check civil litigation forums for related thread)

Maybe you should have check the phone for the # and called the carrier to report it lost. That way when the calls the company to have it shut off the account will be flagged. Just a thought.

furboy

the phone was already reported lost/ stolen when i sold it. the guy bought it without knowing that. i want to know if he can press charges on me even if i live in another state.

Happy Trails

furboy said:
the phone was already reported lost/ stolen when i sold it. the guy bought it without knowing that. i want to know if he can press charges on me even if i live in another state.
Okay, what province is he in and what is yours?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">