• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carmenhauck

What is the name of your state?
Minnesota
This is what happened to me. I was cited for driving under a suspended license. I was not aware that my license was suspended at that time. I found out that the reason that it was suspended was that the state of Minnesota does a random sampling of drivers to see if people have insurance. I did not recieve a letter, and therefore did not reply to it, so they suspended my license (also without notifying me). I have had insurance on the same policy through the same company for the past 7 years. There have been no lapses in my insurance coverage (although I did transfer the policy to a different vehicle). I have to go to court regarding this matter tomorrow and I am not sure how I should plead. I don't think I should plead guilty, because I haven't done anything wrong and I believe I should be punished for a crime that I was unaware I was committing. However, my driving privelidges were suspended, so I dont' think it would stand up in court if I plead not guilty. What should I do?? Also, isn't this random sampling regulation bordering on entrampment?

S

seniorjudge

"... Also, isn't this random sampling regulation bordering on entrampment?..."

No.

I am not a fan of random sampling.

Anyway, be fully documented with certified letters from your insurance carrier and stuff like that.

You may have to go through your licensing authority on this. I suspect you screwed up when you transferred the insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">