• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plumber is trying so sue me.. Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qazz11

I own a restaurant in Dallas. Last week the health department discovered that I need to install a certain pipe on the soda machine. I then called a plumber and asked him to check the machine for me, and see if the pipe is already installed. The plumber said there was no pipe and proceeded to install a brand new one for the machine.
But after a few days, the representative from Coke informed me that I do have the pipe, it's just on the bottom of the machine and out of the view. Now I am refusing to pay the plumber and asking him to take the pipe back. But he states that the pipe is not usable anymore after its already installed. I believe I don't have to pay him since I have asked him to check to see if there is a pipe before installation. Now he is sueing me, can I win?

stephenk

Even the health inspector couldn't tell if the pipe was installed. Why don't you ask Coke to pay for the installation since the pipe they had on their machine wasn't visible or connected.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">