• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI family benefits please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michael Higly

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I am currently collecting SSDI. My 3 kids are currently collecting roughly one half my benefits called family benefits. Each kid is recieving 1/3 of the family benefits. When the oldest kid turns 18 years and finishes high school what happens to their portion of the family benefits does to get redistributed between the two other kids?
Thanks,
Michael

BL

I may be wrong , but I believe the total is what is split , so yes , you would still get the same amount .

Just give them a call to find out . I'm sure since you already receive benefits on the children's behalf , they will provide that info. to you .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">