• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Move Over Law Violation in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vanhammer2000

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I just received a move over law ticket today in Wilmington, NC. Until today, I had no clue such a law existed (I know everyone says that for this kind of law, but it is true). The trooper gave me a $125 dollar ticket. He told me there was no points on the license (he told me this before I could ask). He explained the law to me and I asked him would there be any points on my insurance as well and he said that there would not.

I wanted to see for myself, so I did a little research and could not find any information on whether or not it would go against my license and/or insurance. I received a ticket in Dec. 2003 for speeding and that was my only ticket throughout my entire life. I hired a lawyer and got it thrown out.

If anyone has any information on whether or not the trooper was correct, please let me know.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">