• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fall on wet dancefloor new years eve

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny79

What is the name of your state? Illinois

i slipped and fell on a wet dancefloor at a large hotel chain in chicago on new years eve. fractured my right wrist in three places and may need further surgery. i have several witnesses. i haven't been back to work yet. not sure if i have a case since i was admittedly intoxicated. however, i was dancing on carpeted area prior to that with no problems. had stopped drinking at 12:30 and fall occurred at 2:30am. ambulance was arranged by the hotel so i beleive there is record of the event. i took no pictures as i did not realize at the time that the wrist was broken. also - can i take seperate action against the party organization since the hotel was just the venue? any advice is appreciated. thanks crista

You Are Guilty

destiny79 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

i slipped and fell on a wet dancefloor at a large hotel chain in chicago on new years eve. fractured my right wrist in three places and may need further surgery. i have several witnesses. i haven't been back to work yet. not sure if i have a case since i was admittedly intoxicated. however, i was dancing on carpeted area prior to that with no problems. had stopped drinking at 12:30 and fall occurred at 2:30am. ambulance was arranged by the hotel so i beleive there is record of the event. i took no pictures as i did not realize at the time that the wrist was broken. also - can i take seperate action against the party organization since the hotel was just the venue? any advice is appreciated. thanks crista
Wait, let's get this straight. You fell while you were drunk and want to sue the hotel?

appledumplin

I would go elsewhere to find information on your case, as you can tell from the people on this board, they have nothing better to do than to belittle people coming here for answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">