• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attacked by process server

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lnbstl7

What is the name of your state? Missouri ( Sometimes pronounced "Misery" by the unhappy many who reside here.)

I was attacked by a process server who forced his way inside my home in front of my young children.
What can I do?

Last edited:

badapple40

lnbstl7 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri ( Sometimes pronounced "Misery" by the unhappy many who reside here.)

I was attacked by a process server who forced his way inside my home in front of my young children.
What can I do?
Sue him. Or maybe file a criminal action for trespassing.

azgrandpa

Sure, the process server's action was illegal, (unless he was also a bounty hunter and you were a bail jumper!), but I just have to ask; why didn't you just accept the service papers? Refusing them won't make the problem go away!

server

This is almost 2 years after the original posting, but being a process server myself, I find it as hard to believe someone was "attacked" by one, as I would if someone said they were attacked by their pizza delivery driver. Many people getting served are in desperate situations, and maybe their last attempt at a way out of their problems, is to make up that they were attacked and hopefully sue for damages.

Granted there are psychos out there in any profession, but any server who conducted their business violently (we're the ones who have to worry about being attacked, and not just by humans...sometimes it's by dogs) probably wouldn't last a day at their job.

In any case, by contacting the plantiffs in your case, you could get to the bottom of who the serving company is, and with one click of a button they could find exactly who the server was. I don't know why someone would go to an internet advice site for this...I only came here because I was bored surfing the web for cool server stories, because we have many :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">