• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paypal scam, can I get my money back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lithanual

What is the name of your state? Oregon.

Here's my story.

I own a small business which sells virtual items in Ultima Online. I recently sold 183 million gold in-game for $1200 to an individual. After he received the gold, however, he retracted the payment.

We do keep IP logs, and we can verify that his paypal address was valid and was his own.

This happens a LOT, and so far, I have not heard of anyone getting their money back, as all the person has to do is claim they did not get the goods, and for some reason, paypal takes their word over the sellers.

Anything I can do?

Lithanual

ndnicks said:
Report him to the ultima GMs
I'm not sure how it works in other games, but GM support in UO is horrible.. They have no power whatsoever, and all they do is send you canned responses.

tijerin

Take your UO character, hunt down his UO character, kill his character and loot him for your money andanything else he has. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">