• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fresh paved road, temporary sign placement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

betwenrock&HrdP

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was in an unknown area of town, missed my turn, and turned into a side street to avoid making an illegal U turn. I cleared the intersection prior to making a left hand turn and bam! Hit a sign in the middle of the side road at the edge of the road I was turning off of facing the side road. My angle was looking at the stop sign from a 90 degree angle on the side and I guess it blended into the background. No painted markings or bars or curbs or barriors at all around the sign. Just sign stuck in fresh black pavement. Two weeks later another stop sign was installed in the proper position on the curb and the intersection was properly painted.

I was given a citation for hitting a stationary object. Should not the street department take some blame for improper sign placement?

You Are Guilty

betwenrock&HrdP said:
I was given a citation for hitting a stationary object. Should not the street department take some blame for improper sign placement?
Did the "street department" drive the sign into you?

S

seniorjudge

betwenrock&HrdP said:
...I was in an unknown area of town, missed my turn, and turned into a side street to avoid making an illegal U turn...Should not the street department take some blame for improper sign placement?....
No. Since you were in an unfamiliar part of town, you should have been paying extra close attention.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">