• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui, wreck, cocaine, marijuana...help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boomdog

What is the name of your state?Ga

I recently got diagnosed with lupus and for that I am recieveing chemotherapy. This past weekend i got into a car accident. I know I am going to be faced with posession of marijuana, dui-marijuana (both less then an ounce), and posession of cocaine. The sheriff took my purse into evidence and I believe they took my cell phone into evidence (from text messages) and a klonopin from my purse. What am I looking at here? can she charge me for trafficking for my cell phone? This is my first offfense and I have a good driving record. Also I do well in school and I got an attourney.

rmet4nzkx

boomdog said:
What is the name of your state?Ga

I recently got diagnosed with lupus and for that I am recieveing chemotherapy. This past weekend i got into a car accident. I know I am going to be faced with posession of marijuana, dui-marijuana (both less then an ounce), and posession of cocaine. The sheriff took my purse into evidence and I believe they took my cell phone into evidence (from text messages) and a klonopin from my purse. What am I looking at here? can she charge me for trafficking for my cell phone? This is my first offfense and I have a good driving record. Also I do well in school and I got an attourney.
And what has your attorney told you to do so far, will the cell phone show that you have been making deals?

Withdrawl must be the pits without Klonopin.

rmet4nzkx

boomdog said:
I have not talked to my attourney yet. Yes they might be incriminating.
I kinda figured that's why I asked :D
The Klonopin was a dead givaway and Lupus won't explain away your addictions.
Talk to your attorney real soon and try to get into a rehab program right away. If you indeed have Lupus and have been self medicating, then rehab is your best bet.

boomdog

well i have not recieved any information on any convictions...YET. but from my info...can you atleast give a guess?

rmet4nzkx

The citation is the ticket, is should give the charges. You would know more if you were already convicted, but my guess is you will do time, but if you have a ligetimate medical issue you may do time in a hospital setting rather than a jail.

S

seniorjudge

boomdog said:
well i have not recieved any information on any convictions...YET. but from my info...can you atleast give a guess?
6 years...give or take....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">