• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tony

Before my romemate and I signed our lease the landlord promised to replace the vinyl flooring and to build a covered roof over the patio. we were told it would not be done our first month but would be done soon. We did not get this in writing but have one other witness. Every time we ask about this there is always a new excuse why it cant be done this month but told it will be done, this has been going on for a year and a half. We would not have signed the lease if these promises had not been made. Do I have any legal rights to force the complex to do this work, compensate me for the time we have waited, or to let me out of my lease?

F

Former Investor

How long is your lease for? You really should have gotton a schedule in writing, or at least sent him a letter upon signing confirming his agreement with you to make the improvements.
IMHO You do not have a strong case, but I'd get a quote on labor and materials and submit it for approval. Hey, maybe you could do the work and he'd buy the material.
Basically you waited to long. When you get a promise, strike when the iron is hot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">