• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to yield - FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sweetart

What is the name of your state? Florida
Ok I hope I'm postin this in the right thread lol. A few months back I got a ticket for no ins, which I paid and one for failure to yield the right of way to a passing vehicle, which I took to court. The judge said that really it was BOTH our faults. He said there would be no points against my license, and I didn't have pay the ticket. NOW... it was my understanding that since it was both our faults, parties involved were to take care of their own damages. But now they are telling me that I have to pay $5000 or get him to sign financial responsibility realease form or they will suspend my license. Also, they are saying my driving is questionable and I have to retake my driving test. Can they really do all this??

S

seniorjudge

"...But now they are telling me that I have to pay $5000 or get him to sign financial responsibility realease form or they will suspend my license. Also, they are saying my driving is questionable and I have to retake my driving test. Can they really do all this??..."

Yes; your insurance was probably not enough or you didn't have insurance and they can also make you retest.

Sweetart

Even though it wasn't my fault?? lol sorry I just wanna be sure on that 'cause it really seems messed up to me...

S

seniorjudge

Sweetart said:
Even though it wasn't my fault?? lol sorry I just wanna be sure on that 'cause it really seems messed up to me...
This has nothing to do with fault.

It has to do with insurance coverage and license retesting.

NWO

Ask them to cite the exact law then look it up. Then look for loopholes and case law of successful loopholes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">