• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability for a parking ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

howler1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? DC

I live in PA, but I sold a scooter to someone who lives in DC over a year ago. I forgot to remove the PA tags, and this person received a $100 ticket with these tags. The ticket came to me, and I am having difficulty getting her to make payment. Who is legally liable for this ticket? If this person never pays, do I have any legal recourse? Or am I stuck with this ticket? All she has agreed to is to return the plates to me.

HomeGuru

howler1 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? DC

I live in PA, but I sold a scooter to someone who lives in DC over a year ago. I forgot to remove the PA tags, and this person received a $100 ticket with these tags. The ticket came to me, and I am having difficulty getting her to make payment. Who is legally liable for this ticket? If this person never pays, do I have any legal recourse? Or am I stuck with this ticket? All she has agreed to is to return the plates to me.
**A: you are legally liable for the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">