• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handicap Parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdkennedy01

Colorado

I live in a Townhome complex in the State of Colorado. I would like to know what the ADA Laws are requiring Handicap access in the complex. As it stands right now there are only two handicap parking spaces near the clubhouse of the complex and the only handicap ramp is in the same spot. The building that I live in, as well as the surrounding buildings, do not have any handicap access or handicap parking.

The issue of the parking has become an issue because we have to park our cars in our garages, but I am unable to access my vehicle from a garage because the garages are too small and I cannot get in and out of my vehicle from my garage.

My HOA has told me tough luck, use thevisitor parking which is also located near the clubhouse; which is about 600 yards from my building. Is there anything I can do?

jdkennedy01

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">