• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theives on Ebay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MEFinOrlando

What is the name of your state? Florida

Here is my situation. I made a bid on an Ebay auction and lost. The person who did win backed out of the deal and the seller contacted my directly to make the purchase. I did and he recieved the money the very same day. After 2 weeks I contacted the seller to see why we had not recieved our purchase. He said the he accidentally sent our purchase to another buyer by mistake and they would not send it back. He said he would refund our money right away. Well two weeks later I still had not received the money. He told me that I was harrassing him and the he would send my money when he was good and ready to send it. Now I have many, many emails from him admitting that he has done wrong and that he owes me the money. What I want to know is, can I sue him and reclaim the cost of attorney's fees? This is a terrible thing that this man has done and he should be punished. This has been going on since September and I have been very patient with him. If there is an attorney out there in Orlando who can help, please contact me right away.
Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MEFinOrlando said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Here is my situation. I made a bid on an Ebay auction and lost. The person who did win backed out of the deal and the seller contacted my directly to make the purchase. I did and he recieved the money the very same day. After 2 weeks I contacted the seller to see why we had not recieved our purchase. He said the he accidentally sent our purchase to another buyer by mistake and they would not send it back. He said he would refund our money right away. Well two weeks later I still had not received the money. He told me that I was harrassing him and the he would send my money when he was good and ready to send it. Now I have many, many emails from him admitting that he has done wrong and that he owes me the money. What I want to know is, can I sue him and reclaim the cost of attorney's fees? This is a terrible thing that this man has done and he should be punished. This has been going on since September and I have been very patient with him. If there is an attorney out there in Orlando who can help, please contact me right away.
Thanks.

My response:

Where is the seller?

IAAL

MEFinOrlando

I am not really sure. With the research I have done he shows two locations, one in North Carolina, and one in Illinois. The payment was sent via PayPal so I didn't get his address. When I did ask him for it he said that I didn't need it. But I have his phone number and I have the name of his "company" which has his picture on it and the pictures and contact info for the people that work with him.

PissedOff@DTV

MEFinOrlando said:
I am not really sure. With the research I have done he shows two locations, one in North Carolina, and one in Illinois. The payment was sent via PayPal so I didn't get his address. When I did ask him for it he said that I didn't need it. But I have his phone number and I have the name of his "company" which has his picture on it and the pictures and contact info for the people that work with him.

File a claim with PayPal. Tell them the situation. They will research it and refund your money. I have had to do this on several Ebay occassions. I hate rip-offs!

MEFinOrlando

The purchase was done thru PayPal and they will not do a refund as too much time has passed. I didn't know that you had to make a claim before 30 days and this incident happend in September.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">