• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord harasses my family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shannon Moore

Subject: Landlord harasses my family.

My mother lives in a condominium complex in Bettendorf, Iowa. I do not know the details of the lease agreement, but I do know that the landlord has been harassing my family. I am away at college, but my mother calls me frequently to tell me about what has happened. Her landlord calls her at work, and has been rude to her staff. He has called her while drunk. He consistantly shows up at our condo unannounced. Recently, he wanted my brother, who had just had his foot operated on the day before, to clean up an oil slick under where my brother's car was parked, and got irrate with my brother when he said he was in too much pain to do so. Before we moved in, my mother had been delayed getting the moving van, so she called him to inform him that she would be a day late getting there, and he said that he wasn't sure if he was still going to let her rent from him, after the agreement had already been made. I have met this guy, and he was consistantly rude and demanding. Please help me solve this problem.

L

Lynn

Subject: RE: Landlord harasses my family.

On the east coast a condo is an apartment that you buy and own. Are you subleasing? If you are renting then I would give 30 days notice and get the heck out. His disposition should have been a tip off to the problems you would be having with him. Move Quick

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">