• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a lawyer and waiting for hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thunderrage

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I am currently waiting for a hearing with the ALJ, it has been nearly 3 years since i first applied, will be 3 years in may.

My question is, how long does this process take. Will I have to wait another year before I find out if I am accepted? The lawyer I have costs nothing, its for people who have no income and are applying for SSDI. She stated that I did not get a hearing in February but is going check in another 30 days, so possibly March I may get a hearing. But she said this last year too.

If I got a congressman to speed my case along would that automatically get me denied? Also do they go back to the time when u originally applied as back pay, and how much do they decide u get. I tried the disability calculator, I got varied results. Will I get the 3 years of back pay if I am approved? Also once I see the ALJ he takes his time and answers back with an approval do I have to wait 5 more months before I see a check?

Thanks for all your help.

Thunder Rage

ellencee

Contact your Senator or your Representative. Someone in his or her office is ready and willing to help (usually).
Being made to wait three years is ridiculous.
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">