• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad realtor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kathy Jackson

Subject: bad realtor

My house has been on market for 6 months, first w/ "Buy Owner" and now w/ a "realtor". He has never shown the house himself, it has not been shown for over 20 days by anyone, I feel he misrepresented himself as a realtor, whereas he is a "transactional broker", and I signed a contract for 6 months or $500(to get rid of him).I do not think the company is really working for me like they claimed they would. Can I get out of contract?

N

NJ Guy

Subject: RE: bad realtor

Sounds as if your 6 mos is up. Then the contract is too. Ask another broker to step in and replace the turkey if he can solve it for you

T

tigerwoodard

There is no mandatory 6 months listing agreement that you have to sign to get a realtor to list your home. My suggestion is when your 6 months listing contract is up dont let this bad realtor turn you sour. Call you local realtor board and ask for the top 5 realtors in sales for the year. Then contact each one and ask them what they do for their listings. Listen for open houses and advertisement. Then ask each one if you can sign only a 1 month listing agreement to evaluate their performance after one month for additional months. If they are in the top 5 in sales, there is a reason and they will have lots of traffic thru your home within one month. If your 6 months listing agreement is not up for a month or 2 ask your bad realtor to do a open house immediately and ask for suggestions with a open mind on what to do to sale your home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">