• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug possession and employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dkdreis

What is the name of your state? CA
I'm in the insurance industry and am licensed to sell in CA. I was arrested 6 months ago for drug possession (misdemeanor), which can affect my license status. I'm currently enrolled in the drug diversion program. Can my employer fire me if they find out?

CdwJava

dkdreis said:
What is the name of your state? CA
I'm in the insurance industry and am licensed to sell in CA. I was arrested 6 months ago for drug possession (misdemeanor), which can affect my license status. I'm currently enrolled in the drug diversion program. Can my employer fire me if they find out?
They CAN ...no one can say that they will, though.

- Carl

NWO

They can fire you for anything (or no reason whatsoever) except the short list of things they can't fire you for (religion, race etc...)

calatty

They should not be able to find out about it unless you tell them. The whole point of drug diversion is to avoid conviction. Once you complete your diversion, the offense does not go on your record and you can legally say you have never been convicted. If the company requests a copy of your criminal record, it should not be on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">