• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation for MIP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TSS726

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I'm 17 and just recently was charged with an MIP putting me on 6 months probation. I do not have to see a probation officer, however I am told that through probation I am not allowed to leave the state. I have my Spring Break trip to Cancun coming up in 2 months and have already paid for it, I will be 18 at the time of this trip, do you think there is anyway I can possibly still go through with this trip?

S

seniorjudge

TSS726 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

I'm 17 and just recently was charged with an MIP putting me on 6 months probation. I do not have to see a probation officer, however I am told that through probation I am not allowed to leave the state. I have my Spring Break trip to Cancun coming up in 2 months and have already paid for it, I will be 18 at the time of this trip, do you think there is anyway I can possibly still go through with this trip?

You need to file a motion with the court where you were convicted for permission to travel.

Yea i was in the exact same position here in michigan last year. You can do what I did and not tell ur PO. Unless you do somethign stupid and get arrested in the airport or in mexico you are fine. But make it easier on yourself, all you have to do is call ur PO and just let him/her know..all you had was a mip so i cant see him/her not letting you go.

Make sure that while in cancun you are beligerant as much as possible

blkmugncivic said:
Yea i was in the exact same position here in michigan last year. You can do what I did and not tell ur PO. Unless you do somethign stupid and get arrested in the airport or in mexico you are fine. But make it easier on yourself, all you have to do is call ur PO and just let him/her know..all you had was a mip so i cant see him/her not letting you go.

Make sure that while in cancun you are beligerant as much as possible
Yeah, wouldn't want an MIP back in the US for a while, would we? :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">