• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Patricia

Subject: Easements

When I purchased my land in New York, Jefferson County there was a right of way easement on the deed.
The right of way at the time of my purchase was a 8 ft. wide dirt road. The people who use this right of way...alter it by blacktopping etc. it hasn't effected my taxes so this is fine...they also did not even notify me or get permission...in the 10 years I've owned this property they have now widened the easement by blacktopping a total of 20 ft. wide with out my permission, and its done while I'm not around so to late to say anything...What can I do to put a stop to this or do I have any rights into them expanding on sueing them? I have pictures of original road showing its size at the time of my ownership and nothing in deed states width...just right of way to the cottages thru my property with this road...Its a cottage association that is doing all this, very bold people if I do say so...
Thankyou very much.
P.S. I'm a ParaLegal..can I do any legal stuff myself?

L

Lady Lawyer

Ask one of the lawyers you work with. This depends on New York law and practice and I'm from Georgia.

J

jwest

Check your survey... it should show the exact position and dimensions of the easement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">