• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I sold laptop on EBay,sent it,Paypal canceled buyer payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chcok

What is the name of your state?Tucson, Arizona
I sold my SONY laptop on EBay a year ago,buyer ID little.rayne.drop .He paid $650 by Paypal instant payment.I sent the laptop to seller unconfirmed address (buyer asked me to do it,because he just relocated).I sent SONY by USPS Priority with signature confirmaition. Buyer received it and I got his signature.Buyer was located in Tulsa,OH, now he moved to other state. After two months Paypal canceled his payment (after reaching $650 on my Paypal account).I called to byer (Jeremy) and asked to make the payment for the laptop, he told me that he already paid and that Paypal screwed both of us.I contacted Paypal and they told me thar buyr used fraduelent payment and that the money returned back to seller account.I filed case in Tulsa,OH police dept. a 9 months ago, now they are going to close the case, because here is no a evidence of fraduelent.I was trying to contact my buyer again but he change his email and his address, so finaly my lost is $650. Paypal told me that I have no a seller protection because the laptop was sent to unconfirmed address.I would like to go to small court. Please let me know how I can do it.Thanks

Last edited:

djohnson

You'll have to file in his state. Then your chances are still slim because you didn't follow all the security measures put in place to protect sellers. It will end up costing you more in the long run. Mark it up as an expensive lesson learned.

Chcok

I think that I can do it.

Buyer won my item, got it, resell it to some girl from his town,got her money and then Paypal canceled his payment.So I got none. He should pay for it. Finaly I will sue him for non paying.He should work with paypal not me.I got email from Paypal and they told me that he used a fraudelent payment and that I should contact police.Buyer opened account on Paypal and he knows that I got nothing, he should pay for it.I am going to court.Is anybody can help me with the case?

W

WD1940

If you keep saying Tulsa, OH instead of Tulsa, OK you'll probably get nowwhere with PayPal or the small claims court.

Chcok

Help

Tulsa,OK....
I am looking for real help.Tulsa police can't help me,they opened the case and now will close it.I wll sue buyer for stealing my property.

Chcok said:
Tulsa,OK....
I am looking for real help.Tulsa police can't help me,they opened the case and now will close it.I wll sue buyer for stealing my property.
Call your travel agent, book a flight to Tulsa, and sue the buyer in the county in which he/she resides for $650. Good luck.

Chcok

Call your travel agent, book a flight to Tulsa, and sue the buyer in the county in wh

I am in Arizona,
He moved to Texas.Should I do it in OK or TX? Thanks

Chcok

I am looking for help

I am in Arizona
Do I need sue both Paypal and buyer in CA?Or in his state?

djohnson

It would be hopeless to sue paypal. You want to sue him in his state where he is or you really gain nothing. That is the point everyone is trying to make. It will cost you much more to pursue this.

Chcok

Thanks

I am in Arizona,
May be is good idea to sue both - buyer and Paypal in his state OH?
Thanks

amcfreek

why dont you lawyers speak up
right now i cant type , as i got in a nasty car accident my neck hurts , headache , shoulders back,and no i dont need a lawyer thanxz in a dvance for offering . but you can speel check my posts !where is the php spell in this forum??
1) in the case diverse parties live in seperate states you can file in federal court.

2:) sue pay pal and the idiot that did the deed in federal court. do this seperately .250$ each thanxz to the idiot in the not so round room.
file seperatly for a reason paypal will no doubt hire a big lawyer to flood you with paperwork .. {persoanlly i would claim the rico act , sherman antitrust laws, as i hate pay pal with a passion} if pay pal didnt check the method of payment till after the item was paid for it should be rackateering and aiding and abetting criminals ..

3:) the other party may get scared when he gets the federal summons , he may not .. just wait the 20 or so days and then file a motion for summary judgement if he doesent respond

untill then learn hwoto file a complaint in federal court , most federal courts have it made easy , file a nice easy complaint of what happened identify parties and statutes broken .. id love to hit pay pal with the above myself ...
btw pay pal did get sued and settle out of court

Also file a complaint with the attorney generals office !
have fun

MinCA

Good luck getting a small claims action in federal court. Don't waste theit time.

File an action where the "crime" took place. Tulsa. Then be prepared to fly out to Tulsa, get a hotel room for a couple days, a rental car, not to mention time off from work.

Though, at best, you will spend more money than you may get, I understand the principal of this, of not wanting to send the messege that he can do this to other people.

If you really want, I will actually say what's on my mind. Take it to a TV judge. Seriously. Humiliate the ******* on national TV so all his friends and family can see what he did.

In the future, never mail to an address aside from the confirmed address. A buyer can easily fax in a change-of-address to the credit card company and reconfirm the new address with Paypal a day or two later. In auctions, clearly specify shipping to confirmed addresses only.

And never, EVER leave funds in your Paypal account. Withdraw them into your bank account the second you know funds are there. www.paypalsucks.com You stand no chance of getting money back from Paypal. The best protection is for you to protect yourself. If a seller pays with fraudulent funds, and you already withdrew the money, Paypal can't go into your bank account or charge your card legally without your consent. They'd have to file a court action, and that won't be worth their time. Since the funds were there, they took it and gave it back to the seller, and now you are the one who is going to lose out, even if a lawsuit is found in your favor.

Of course, if the jerk gets a summons to court, that may be enough to get him to pay up.

Chcok

I got final police report...

I am in Tucson, AZ

Take a look final Tulsa Police report,looks like our taxes go to right way. (K. is me, E.- guy who got my laptop and his money back, H.-someone) :
Synopsis-
On 030904 suspect and Tulsa resident Jeremy E. won an eBay auction for a Sony laptop from K., who lives in Tucson, AZ. E. paid K. $625.80 through PayPal. The laptop was delivered to Evans on 031504. On 042204 the PayPal transaction was reversed and the monies put back in E.’ PayPal account.

On 032804 E. bought 2 hard drives from Justin H. who lives in Nashville, TN. The hard drives were delivered to E. on 033104. E. was to pay H. $260.00 via PayPal.

Investigation-
I received 2004-034191 for follow-up on 053104. I started working with H. on 060804. He filed 2004-065841 on 091804.

On 060804 I made contact with E. who had just moved from Tulsa to Texas near his wife’s family.

(Side Note......
H. did some investigating on the internet and found a “David Roldan” at the same hundred block, however, H. did not have the apartment number correct. My investigation showed Roldan was E.’ old neighbor downstairs in “A”. Evans had lived in “B”, upstairs.)

I talked to E. several times at great length about this situation. E. advised after he bought the laptop from K., he received it and it was fine. (This is consistent with the month and half delay in the funds reversal.) He decided to upgrade and soon after sold it on eBay to a guy in New Jersey, who paid through PayPal.

New Jersey claimed they did not receive the unit, so PayPal reversed New Jersey’s money from E.’ account. PayPal then went back and reversed E.’ money from K. account, thus the late reversal on 042204. E. had also paid a friend in New York some money and PayPal reversed it back to E.’ account also. At this point PayPal froze all the monies to conduct their investigation, which they advised could take 2-4 months.

It was just before the freeze time that E. bought the 2 hard drives from H., and therefore E. could not pay H. from his frozen PayPal account.

E. had tracking info for New Jersey and could prove the laptop was delivered to New Jersey, but New Jersey would not answer any emails or phone calls.

E. called PayPal and had great difficulty in explaining the whole mess to them. When a third tier customer service rep checked the delivery confirmation for New Jersey, they told E. they would straighten it all out, but they have not done so. I am familiar with several similar situations with PayPal.

I have attempted to contact PayPal to assist in the resolution of this situation with negative results.

Because all these monies were tied up in PayPal, any indication of intent to defraud is removed, therefore, these cases are Unfounded as civil.

Finaly Tulsa Police told me that the problem is generated by Paypal and Jeremy E. is good guy???Guy who got my laptop and his money back. Great...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">