• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dave

Wisconsin:

I rent (with 4 others) the top 2 floors of a 3 stroy house. The top floor used to be an attic but part has been renovated into 2 bedrooms. The rest has no drywall on the walls and there is insulation hanging everywhere. When we moved in we had a verbal agreement with the landlord that the rest would be drywalled, but then he sold the place. We where not very informed of this transaction and there was no new lease drawn up. The new landlords said that 'maybe if we where good' they would fix the upstairs. We've asked more than a few times if they where going to do anything, and we got little to no respones. Is there anything we can do to make them fix it up. Thanks, and sorry this was so long.

A

Ariel

I am not sure where to find it but I had some problems in an appartment and looked up a tenents association for TX on the internet. Your state should list some too. They will give a list of resources and lawyers too. Wether the house changed hands or not the lease is still binding and in most cases so is a verbal. Consult your tenents association and see what you can do by with holding rent until he thinks your being "good" enough. Also how bad do you all want to live there with a basterd for a landlord like that. Rent can't be that cheap!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">