• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless driving, screwing around in MN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnny1913

What is the name of your state?MN (Minnesota)

I got a reckless driving ticket for skidding the car out purposely in a parking lot. The cop said it was reckless driving because I purposely endangered people's lives. My friends were getting into their cars at the time I was fishtailing and whipping the front end of my car around. I looked before every maneuver to make sure no one was there.

I have 3 speeding tickets and 1 "inattentive driving" ticket. Questions: What should I do? Can I get it reduced to careless driving? Should I talk to a lawyer? Will a lawyer help me get this reduced? Will this skyrocket my insurance?

Last edited:

charlesgage

With a formal hearing and a lawyer you could likely get this reduced. Unless there were many people and cars around. But from your record they are probably gonna try and eat your a$$ on this one. Quit doing stupid stuff, and if you are under 18 you probably will have to buy risk insurance (5000-10,000 a year for full coverage)

Happy Trails

johnny1913 said:

I got a reckless driving ticket for skidding the car out purposely in a parking lot. The cop said it was reckless driving because I purposely endangered people's lives. My friends were getting into their cars at the time I was fishtailing and whipping the front end of my car around. I looked before every maneuver to make sure no one was there.

I have 3 speeding tickets and 1 "inattentive driving" ticket. Questions: What should I do? Can I get it reduced to careless driving? Should I talk to a lawyer? Will a lawyer help me get this reduced? Will this skyrocket my insurance?
Reckless driving compared to careless driving:
http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/stats/169/13.html

Minnesota has an amendment that if you get a third petty misdemeaor in a year you can be charged with a misdemeanor, and a third misdemeanor in a year can result in a driver's license revocation.

Your insurance has to be quite high right now given your record. If you keep getting violations, of course it will have a impact on your insurance rates.

**Quit burning your tires, you only take the life off of them.

You also should check into driving school, although the court may make you take a course anyway.

S

seniorjudge

"...Should I talk to a lawyer?..."
Yes

"...Will this skyrocket my insurance?..."
Yes

NWO

I hope they have busses where you live. It might be time to think about movingto one of the two non partner states. Whoever they are, whilst you still have a licence to trade in.

Who's Liable?

johnny1913 said:

You may have looked around and not seen anyone... It's not that there wasn't people around, it's that there MAYhave been people around that you could have hit...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">