• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help... want to leave now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

[email protected]

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Alaska
My mother died and her last wish was I could have a good education and be happy... My father moved me to Alaska after she died cut all my ties off from my mother's family and married a Native lady. :( I dont want to live in Alaska anymore, I just got to visit my mother's family which I hadn't seen in 5 years... they want me and my mother's sister was told by her to take me if i wasnt happy... Is there anything I can do to get to live in Washington with my mother's family... I am only 12 but I am mature since my childhood was taken away from me. My brother's girlfriend is trying to help me but I want to help myself. :) Please anyone help me I want to know my rights as where I can live, I would like to live with my grandparents or aunt. I have little means for education and would love the chance to go to a real school instead of being homeschooled where my father doesnt help or pay attention to me just his new wife :confused: ... please help me ... Bless all of you :)

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Alaska
My mother died and her last wish was I could have a good education and be happy... My father moved me to Alaska after she died cut all my ties off from my mother's family and married a Native lady. :( I dont want to live in Alaska anymore, I just got to visit my mother's family which I hadn't seen in 5 years... they want me and my mother's sister was told by her to take me if i wasnt happy... Is there anything I can do to get to live in Washington with my mother's family... I am only 12 but I am mature since my childhood was taken away from me. My brother's girlfriend is trying to help me but I want to help myself. :) Please anyone help me I want to know my rights as where I can live, I would like to live with my grandparents or aunt. I have little means for education and would love the chance to go to a real school instead of being homeschooled where my father doesnt help or pay attention to me just his new wife :confused: ... please help me ... Bless all of you :)

Sorry for your loss, but unless your father allows you to move back to Washington with family, you legally cannot. Tell your family that, although they should know this already. Sounds like your very loved, I'm sure Dad loves you also, but you need to get these false hopes out of your head.

LdiJ

I gave myself extra time before deciding to answer this one...because I don't like to give advice to minors.

However...I am going to give some here. Have your grandparents talk to an attorney. You aren't going to get to live with them, so give up on that idea unless you can convince your dad to agree. However you might be able to spend some time with them during the holidays and summer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">