• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

48 in a 35

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmichutka

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I received a ticket yesterday for 48 in a 35. I have not received a ticket since 2000 if not before and those tickets were in the state of Pennsylvania. The original court date is set for January 31. Is it worth going to court? Will I be able to get the points taken off? Please help.

Thanks,
Mary

S

seniorjudge

"...Is it worth going to court? Will I be able to get the points taken off?..."

If you do not go to court, there may be a warrant issued for your arrest.

When you go to court, ask the nice lady there if there are diversion programs for speeders. You may be able to get into a school or something to keep the points off.

Yes, it will be more expensive than just paying the ticket outright, but you may save a lot on your car insurance later.

NWO

If you have a good defense then go to court. Odds are you'll pay more money, but if after studying the law you are accused of breaking you think there is a technical way to beat the ticket by all means take it to court. If the prosecutor thinks he/she might lose the case you might get a plea bargain out of them wher you pay court costs only.

mmichutka

to NWO

I can't beat the ticket, that I know. I just wanted to know what the likelihood of getting the points taken off if I go to court and how I would do that rather than just plead guilty and mail the ticket back. Since I have a good driving record and no speeding or other tickets, I am curious if I can go and plead to have the points removed. I have never done this before and not sure the best way to approach it. Thanks!

S

seniorjudge

mmichutka said:
I can't beat the ticket, that I know. I just wanted to know what the likelihood of getting the points taken off if I go to court and how I would do that rather than just plead guilty and mail the ticket back. Since I have a good driving record and no speeding or other tickets, I am curious if I can go and plead to have the points removed. I have never done this before and not sure the best way to approach it. Thanks!
I answered these questions in my first post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">