• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agreed to sell event tickets via email...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cathy94555

What is the name of your state? California

i posted an ad online and found a buyer for 2 event tickets (concert). these were actually my sister's tickets and i was helping her sell them.

i found a buyer and we negotiated something over the phone and agreed to meet that evening.

i called the buyer back after a few hours and told her that my sister already sold the tickets and we probably shouldn't meet anymore as the tickets were sold.

she is now threatening to sue me over breach of an oral contract and fraud (not sure if it's in small claims court or civil court). i apologized to her and told her my sister had already sold the tickets...

any advice? thanks. PS. these tickets were $80 for both.

divgradcurl

she is now threatening to sue me over breach of an oral contract and fraud (not sure if it's in small claims court or civil court). i apologized to her and told her my sister had already sold the tickets...
You didn't breach a contract because there never was a contract. Ignore her unless she decides to actually sue you; if she does try and sue you, let her try and prove there was a contract in place that you breached...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">