• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time limit to issue warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gaequitas

What is the name of your state? Texas
about 2 years ago, I got a ticket for no insurance in West Texas. A year before that, I recieved a speeding ticket in North Texas. I live in South Texas, and honestly can't remember the names of the places where i got these tickets. I was just passing through, and shortly after, I lost my car and my home. I know they can issue an arrest warrant, but i've been pulled over once this month and haven't been taken away in handcuffs. I would like to pay the tickets, but don't know who to contact and getting arrested would end my career. I never received any notification of a warrant, but i also know that don't have to send one. Am I in the clear, or can they still issue the warrant at any time? :confused: Is there some sort of time limit on how long they have to issue a warrant. I have to renew my driver's license and am afraid of getting arrested. What should I do? Please, help. :(

lwpat

Texas Statute of Limitations on a traffic ticket

There is no statute of limitations and they can issue a warrant at any time. I have talked to drivers who have had warrants show up for unpaid tickets that were six to ten years old.

My suggestion would be to contact the Texas DMV and get a copy of your driving record. You can do this online if going in person is a problem. It will list anything that has been entered to date.

If there is a suspension you have to also pay the DMV a reinstatement fee after you have paid the court fines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">