• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DrugCop4

I am attempting to buy an old property to live in and remodel. The property sewer is currently in an old septic that is unacceptable. This propoerty is in City Limits. I would like to run sewer line to city sewer main. It is on neighbors property and I would have to go in them less than 6 feet. The city tells me that they have no Easement! The neighbor states that he will give no Easement. I don't know if I am allowed to place a new septic on property or not. There is no other option than boring under a road that would cost around $10,000.00. This seems ridiculous but what should I do.

A

Arnie Adams

Get to a local real estate lawyer as the applicable laws and customs are usually very local.

Or, see if you can BUY an easement from your neighbor. It probably would cost a lot less than $10k.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">