• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who would have liability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mowfixer

I live in a tourism area in Tennessee and I have a good friend who I believe is in a serious situation. Since jobs are difficult to find here he is resistant to do what I have told hime he must do, which is find a new job ASAP.

He works in a tourist ride that involves motion and possibility of injury to the rider. Injury is prevented by a seat belt restaint system that securely locks the rider in place.

Well everyone in this area cuts every possible corner and this place is no exception. Due to failures in the restraint monitoring circuits they have been forced to disable the automatic shutdown feature to keep the ride running. Should someone get in unsecured or should the seat belt fail the ride will not shut down and severe injury or death to the rider could be possible.

What has made me think about this was a death of a lady on another ride in town due to a bypassed restraint system. The manager now faces 2nd degree murder charges and a 14 million civil action.

Weel the manager and my friend are aware of the restraint system bypass and still continue running as many as 500 people per day.

Now after all that my question. Who would be liable if someone were hurt? WOuld it be the owner, the manager, my friend (ride operator) or all of the above? I have told him that since they all are aware of the safety violation they could all be charged in a civil or police legal case.

I told him I would ask you experts and print him your answers. I hate to see him facing 10 yr prison time like the manager of the other ride in town.

Thanks all

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">