• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA - depression

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

latarpley

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I am trying to provide support to a friend regarding FMLA. Can they be denied FMLA when a medical doctor and a psychologist (Phd) concur on the diagnois of depression, psychotic depression, insomnia, and anexiety? The Health Care Certification forms stated time off from 12/19 through 2/13 and return part time 20-30 hours for 4 weeks before returning to full duty. The company HR person sent documents where they do qualify for FMLA and everthing has been returned on time including the Short Term Disability claim with seperated certifications. Can my friened be terminated after the FMLA time expires. Employer (Store Manager) statements have raised some concerns. We are waiting on a response from HR. Meanwhile my friend received a phone message from the Store Manager that the 20 hours of accrued sick leave requested and paid on Friday was going to be reversed.

rmet4nzkx

Yes, they can be terminated after the FMLA time is expired. Is this disability work related? If there is the possibility of working for another supervisor, she may want to report these threats to HR and request a different supervisor or different hours or store location, as an ADA accommodation. If work related, your friend may want to consider a worker's comp claim and consulting with a Workers comp or employment law attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">