• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tryin to get custady of our grandaughter,

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunshine8699

What is the name of your state? SC.

My daughter has lived with us since before my grandaughter was born on July 25th,02 on Feb 20th my daughter and her b/f moved on. and on june 3rd my daughter moved back in with on after her b/f beat her with the baby in his arms. And they have lived with us since. Up untill Jan 7th, 05 when my daughter was taking my grandaugher to visit with her father, Now on Sunday Jan 9th i recived a call from her and all she said to me was that she deserved the beatings and that we will never see our grandaughter again, She didnt take any of our grandaughter clothing , diapers or toys from our home, and now she is taking money out of her checking that she dosnt have, and cant pay back, i dont know where to turn to , my husband and i took care of this child and supported her as far as a roof over her head, food and clothing, spending all our time with her, making sure all her needs were meet.

We have found out that they are in Idaho. that Her b/f abandoned his truck, and walked down the highway with my daughter and grandaughter, my grandaughter dosnt have the proper clothing to be in a state that is cold.
We dont know where to turn to next. I was my grandaughter caretaker when my daughter worked

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Unfortunately, there's not going to be a lot that you can do. It is not your child, and while your daughter has made some lousy choices - she gets to parent her child. I'm sorry.

go for custody

file for custody-the child doesnt need to be in that situation-the bf might start beating on her next,and your daughter could go to jail for failing to protect the child.this childs safety and welfare come first.

LdiJ

lonelyandsad said:
file for custody-the child doesnt need to be in that situation-the bf might start beating on her next,and your daughter could go to jail for failing to protect the child.this childs safety and welfare come first.
Sigh....I know your heart is in the right place however you can't keep giving advice that has no legally sound basis. Sympathize if you want to..but stop giving legal advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">