• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flooding from Pond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Barb

There is a pond behind our property that has overflowed the banks several times in the past 4 years. We believe that this is due to resent construction in other areas in the Plantation. This pond is normally 8-10 feet below the banks and is used to divert drainage along the main entrance road. In the 3-4 times it has flooded we have complained to the homeowners association. They have attempted to take care of the problem by enlarging a pipe that goes to another pond, but to no avail. The ownership of the next pond is the golf course and they refuse to enlarge a pipe going under a cart path( that goes to the marshes, ultimately the river). This causes another back up and the water overflows the banks of a creek next to our property. The crux is that NONE of these parts are under our control or on our property. But the consequences are to our property(lost dirt erroding the side of our lot, exposing roots as the only thing holding the bank of the creek and lost pine straw mulch in the planting beds). We have attempted to aid the banks of the creek by plantings that will hold the dirt, but we are not winning. Do I have a recourse against any one for contributing to the flooding of my property ie; Homeowners Assoc (for not rectifing the problem,or the golf course owner for refusing to enlarge the pipe). The only thing I am looking for is either some rocks to fortify the bank and dirt to bring it back up to its original amount and pine straw in the beds. Of course I am looking for them to fix the drainage issue. Do I have enough to call a lawyer and have them handle this?

B

Bob B

Ask a lawyer in your area. She'd have a better sense of what's up than I would from far away, and most lawyers don't charge for a short initial consultation, at least those listed on AttorneyPages.com don't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">