• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buying a laptop online...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coolguy57

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Flordia
Hi,
i have bought a laptop computer from a man in romania. He agreed to send me the laptop once payment was recieved. I sent payment through western union and now he isnt returning my emails. I know i fell for one of the biggest scams ever after realizing it when reading warnings on many web sites. So I dont believe he is going to send it to me so i wanted to know if i would be able to sue.

BelizeBreeze

coolguy57 said:
Hi,
i have bought a laptop computer from a man in romania. He agreed to send me the laptop once payment was recieved. I sent payment through western union and now he isnt returning my emails. I know i fell for one of the biggest scams ever after realizing it when reading warnings on many web sites. So I dont believe he is going to send it to me so i wanted to know if i would be able to sue.
Sure you can. Fly to Romania, Hire a Romanian attorney, get a hotel room with an open ended rent agreement then wait for the wheels of justice (romanian style) to wind down.

Happy Trails

coolguy57 said:
Hi,
Check out these other links:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=197552&highlight=western+union

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=207689&highlight=western+union

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=209332&highlight=western+union

3-rx

Dont do any business with Romania.

one of my friend from russian, send money for laptop via WU , but don't send authorization code, untill that guy don't send him laptop.

after 1 days, guy from romania receive money (don't ask how he did it), and when my friend call to WU, they told him, that may be he send code.

but the main interesting think is , that he don't send it.

so imho, WU staff (or some of thems) in romaina work with this guys, or may be it's their business.

"selling" laptops it's romania business :)
the history i told was => 2002 or 2003 years

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">